Installation video is available at YouTube.
If you’re planning to build a website using WordPress, you must first ensure your hosting provider meets WP’s requirements.
- MySQL 5.6 or MariaDB 10.1
- PHP 5.6 or 7.0
- PHP5 GD library installed
- Disabled error_reporting flag on production server
- Enabled mod_rewrite in Apache for clean URLs
- Memory limit set up at least 128MB
- Max execution time at least 60s
- Max file uploads at least 30
- Max input vars increased to 10000
- CMB2 is required
- WP REST API is optional
To make everything working as smooth as possible, it is recommended not to use cheap hostings. We have best experience with VPS.
PHP 5.2 is minimal supported PHP, but it is always good to use most recent version.
- Copy both theme and child-theme folders into
- Navigate into admin “Appearance - Themes”
- Activate child theme
It is recommended to use child theme instead of regular theme if you are going to do some custom work or change default behaviour or appearance, because it prevents custom changes loss after updating parent theme. You can change all content of primary theme through child theme with custom actions and filters described in this documentation. Read more about child theme in official WordPress documentation: http://codex.wordpress.org/Child_Themes
But be noticed, that switching to other theme (including child theme) will discard your existing theme customisation options and widget settings. So be sure you always do a backup before switching theme or updating any plugin. https://codex.wordpress.org/WordPress_Backups
Switching to Child Theme¶
As mentioned before, it is always recommended to use child theme because of easier maintenance of your custom modifications (own CSS file, hooking on WordPress filters or actions). If you have already activated and configured your parent theme, you need to migrate all theme settings including customization options, widgets (& widget logic) and appearance stuff manually or using you can use some helpful plugins as described below.
- Export Widget Settings using Widget Settings Importer/Exporter plugin and navigating to Tools > Widget Settings Export
- Export Widget Logic Options in the Appearance > Widgets screen
- Export theme customization options using Customizer Export/Import plugin in the Appearance > Customize > Export/Import
- Switch your current theme to child theme
- Import previously exported settings
If you meet some misconfiguration, check settings manually.
- Copy plugins into
- Navigate into admin “Plugins”
- Activate all necessary plugins
- Resave permalinks in “Settings - Permalinks”.
You can either use “One-click installation” which will import data including demo content, widget settings and customizer options, or just demo content import.
One click installation¶
For the One-Click installation please enable “One click” plugin which is bundled with theme. After that navigate to “Tools - One click installation” and run the installation process. All data will be imported. Run the installation only on fresh WordPress installation. If the installation is incomplete, check your PHP error log for more information. You can investigate an issue in developer console in browser by sniffing the content of XHR queries.
For best One-Click installation performance, set following requirements to your PHP configuration and reload your server:
upload_max_filesize = 32M post_max_size = 64M memory_limit = 512M max_input_time = 1000 max_execution_time = 1000
You can change these settings back to default values after successful content installation.
- Install WordPress Importer plugin
- Navigate in admin to “Tools - Import”
- Click on import for “WordPress”
- Look for exports folder in your theme
- Locate and choose
This will import only the demo content. All other settings like widgets or customizer options will NOT be imported.
Demo data is containing only the placeholder images.
In exports folder you can find
widget_logic.json which can be used for importing the widgets. All widgets can be imported by using plugins
Widget Logic and Widget Settings Importer/Exporter.
There is no option to manually import customizer settings.